Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Following Dreams



   There was just so much to this    ... but a little bit of patience and boom ... Big Ba Da Boom.
I love how it came out.
First, I started with white cs ... I blended, painted and smooshed tons of ink - in both distressed and oxide ... just to name a few .... Mustard Seed, Twisted Citron, Peeled Paint, Wilted Violet, Picked Raspberry, Carved Pumpkin, Spiced Marmalade - lots of water, lots of squish, lots of dry ... water brush - dry, squish - dry.  Once I had the coverage I wanted ....  next layer, I stamped with Spiced Marmalade Oxy and a Hero arts Spiced Market background stamp.  Next layer, I used a Kaiser Craft stencil (Moroccan tiles) and teal blue metallic texture paste by Heidi Swapp.   I added some accents with green Nuvo Drops in the corners and let all that self dry for a bit ..... a long bit.
      I stamped the sentiment (from Recollections) with black StazOn onto white vellum and folded that over the top.  I secured that onto orange cs and then onto mint green side fold cs base.  Once set, I added some lavender sequins about.    I know just who will get this one!

I would like to add this card in the following card challenges if I may - pretty please.

Simon Says: Layer it up
4 Crafty Chicks: Water Color background
Inspiration Destination: Emboss
QKR Stampede: ATG
House of Cards: Mix Media and colors
Crafting from the Heart: ATG
Tic Tac Toe - Sparkle, Love, Free
Penny Black and More: Something New - (my daughters new position/role)
Crafty Friends: ATG
Alphabet Challenge: Use Vellum




Thanks so very much for stopping by !!
Have an awesome day .....................



Dawn


8 comments:

Sherri said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the blended background and the pretty die. Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful card! Your background is fabulous!! So very pretty!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

brenda said...

Sounds like you had inky fun creation this one, many thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

Mervi said...

Beautiful creation with great details.
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more Challenge;-))m

foleysfriend said...

Incredible - great job of combining techniques and materials to create such a gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at House of Cards.

sue

Cazro said...

What an amazing background. A stunning card. Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz. DT.

Dorothy S said...

Well, all that blending and patience has resulted in a stunning card. I especially like the light area at the top. Thanks for entering this challenge at QKR Stampede - Anything Goes. Dorothy S, DT member

pst said...

Beautiful card, gorgeous background. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Crafty Friends, we hope to see you back again.