Tuesday, April 3, 2018

April Single Layer




    This is my team card for
Stinkin' Inkers.
The theme this month is 
Simply Made
create a single layer card

Single layer cards stress me out.  I'm so afraid to mess it up somehow.
For this one ... I started off by masking the back part of the card just in case I got a bit too liberal with the blender.
I then stamped using a Tim Holtz die 'just celebrate' with silver embossing powder and heat set that.  I then stamped the same thing onto a piece of post-it and then trimmed in way down to make a mask over the sentiment.
I then placed a doily type stencil over the bottom right corner of the card.
I blended Seedless Preserves, Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers up from the corner.
I  removed the stencil and the mask over the sentiment and then topped it off with a couple of sequins and green Nuvo drop in the flower centers.
The only full butterfly in the piece was topped with a wink of stella to pull it out of the mix a bit.


Here are some shots of the journey:




Thanks for popping by and I hope you join in on the fun with us at Stinkin' Stampers.

Dawn

No comments: