Thursday, January 28, 2016

A bit of craft paper ....

Ok OK ...
I know it's been awhile and I'm totally out of cards.  I need to make some time to catch up, but time is so very hard to find these days.  This is the first one out of the box.
It's all with stock on hand.  First using Tim Holtz inks, I smooshed Wild Honey, Vintage Photo and Spiced Marmalade on my work sheet, added water then added watercolor paper to the liquid  ... smooshed again and then again.  I then spritzed some walnut stain on top of that ... let it air dry over dinner.  I cut the circles out of the watercolor paper, craft card stock and black card stock.  With the left over pieces, I cut strips and then used a Fiskers border punch on the craft to give it that stitched look.  Stamped and white embossed the sentiment.  Adhered all of this to black card stock using my ATG and tied some twine -- finally attached it to craft card stock base ... sometimes one just needs that little push to get busy ....

I would like to add this to the following challenges:
Fusion:   sketch
CAS on Sunday: piercing
Die Cut Divas: the new technique is 'smooshing'
Let's Craft:  Layer it up

on to the next one.

5 comments:

Maryvonne Coussé said...

Beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at Let's craft and Create challenge blog and good Luck !
MARYVONNE DT member

Arlene said...

What a beautiful. This has a wonderful modern feel to it. I love it.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

SmilynStef said...

Wonderful combination of inks ... so glad you joined us at Fusion Card Challenge.

Julia Aston said...

Great card using the Fusion sketch - love the pop of the embossed sentiment and the pretty inking on the circle! Thanks for joining us in the Fusion Challenge!

Jeanne J. said...

This is so clean and modern looking! Your inking is amazing!